There’s a whole wide world of grains to enjoy from farro to quinoa to bulgur to barley. The Suvie pot that you use to prepare your grains will depend on the size of the grain that you’re cooking.
Large grains like barley and farro should be cooked in the strainer insert with the pasta pot.
Small grains like quinoa, millet, and polenta/corn grits, should be cooked in the rice pot.
You Will Need:
- Rice Pot
- Pot Lid
- Pasta Pot & Strainer*
*Some grains that require boiling and draining will require the pasta pot & strainer.
Grain Cooking Instructions:
- Select “Cook” on the main screen of the appliance and select “Grains”. Select the specific type of grain you would like to cook from the options listed.
- Choose the amount of grains you would like to make. You can cook up to 3 dry cups of grains with the exception of polenta/corn grits; make up to 2 dry cups of polenta/corn grits.
- If cooking farro, barley, or any other large grain, pour into the strainer insert in the pasta pot. If cooking small grains such as millet, quinoa, or bulgur, pour into the rice pot. Place the lid on the pot.
- Lift the door to the Suvie Starch Cooker, place the pot on the hot plate, and then close the door.
- Fill the water reservoir located on the top of the Suvie Starch Cooker to the line indicated on the display screen. Ensure the drain tray is in place and select “Cook” or “Schedule.”
- After your grains are done cooking, the Suvie Starch Cooker will keep them warm until you’re ready to eat. If you used the strainer insert and pasta pot to cook your grains, carefully remove the drain tray and pour off the water. Remove strainer insert and pour off water from the bottom of the pasta pot.
Fill Level Guidelines:
|0.5 - 1 Cup||1L Fill Line|
|1.5 - 2 Cups||2L Fill Line|
|2.5 - 3 Cups||3L Fill Line|